Manor House Lansen

The estate had been in possession of the von Hahn family since the 15th of March 1798.



For the price of 146.500,-- Reichsthaler they had acquired it of Christian Ernst von Randow and his wife whose maiden name was von Meyenn. (The Reichsthaler was a standard Thaler of the Holy Roman Empire, established in 1566 by the Leipzig convention.) Five years previously, on June, 4th 1793, Christian Ernst von Randow had bought Lansen, together with the Vorwerk Schwarzenhoff (outlying estate) of his brother-in-law Leopold von Meyenn. He paid a bargain price of 79.000 Taler, plus 650 Taler key money and was enfeoffed with the estate in March 1794 together with his wife. Von Meyenn had inherited Lansen of his father in March 1792. The von Hahn family owned the property for nearly 150 years until 1932. It was then opened to settlements and the remainder of the farm was sold. In 1953 the owners were expropriated, the estate was returned to them in 1991 and then resold.

Demolition was planned in 1988 but was delayed by preservation order. The house was badly afflicted by vandalism and theft. Restoration has commenced.   


Structure of ownership pre 1945:

1700-1762

von Pritzbuer (also Schwarzenhof)

1762-1793

von Meyenn (also Schwarzenhof)

1762-1782

War councillor Peter Ernst von Meyenn

1782-1786

Leopold Heinrich von Meyenn

1786-1793

Friedrich Ernst von Meyenn

1793-1798

Hauptmann Christian Ernst von Randow

1798-1805

Land-marshal Friedrich Count von Hahn (marshal of patrimonial land)

1805-1806

The heirs of land-marshal Friedrich Count von Hahn

1806-1859

Friedrich Graf von Hahn auf Basedow

1859-1885

Hereditary land-marshal Cuno Friedrich Wilhelm Werner Henning von Hahn auf Basedow

1885-1916

Hereditary land-marshal Friedrich Franz Graf von Hahn

1916-1932

Hereditary land-marshal Nicolaus Graf von Hahn


Keywords: