Manor House Eichhorst
The chamberlain von Engel and his brother Adolf Friedrich from the house of Breesen had purchased Eichhorst from Carl Henning von Bredow in 1823.
Pictures: Sebastian Haerter
Following a dissolution, the property with the new manor house went to Carl Henning. This had been constructed in 1821 to replace an older building. The house is a massive plastered building in Neoclassical design with a high-hipped roof. The middle section has two storeys, whereas the garden side has three. The bat dormers, which were still embellishing the roof in the 1920s, disappeared in the GDR times when the building was used as a school. The right farm building was built in the mid-19th century. The left wing was erected with the middle section. The von Engels retained Eichhorst for about 100 years. In 1928, they were forced to sell the property to Maximilian Count von Schwerin. The last owner was his son, Jürgen Werner, who took acquired possession in 1934.
After the expropriation, the estate became a state-owned property.
In 1964, a school moved into the middle section of the house but moved out after the fall of the Berlin Wall.
In 2000, the municipal sought a utility concept for the house.