Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Manor Houses, Ruins Putzar

The two ruins of the manor houses in the Putzar landscape park stand out like a painting from the Romantics.




Courtier Ulrich von Schwerin had a farmhouse built here around 1550, the so-called Ulrichsbau (Ulrich’s building). His son, Joachim von Schwerin, added a new two-storey mansion, the Joachimsbau (Joachim’s building), situated at a right angle to the older one. In the 18th century, Ulrich’s building started going derelict after it had been out of use for a long time. In 1785, the then tenant, Heinrich Christoph Schröder, had the upper floor demolished. The other building was still in use and was enlarged in 1753 when a third floor was added. After 1840, the park was redesigned by Maximilian von Schwerin-Putzar. He had the avenue of linden trees and the ash-dominated southern part of the park added. The yard in front of the house and the driveway were designed in 1862 by Ferdinand Jühlke. A decade later, Bong of Kolberg provided the plans for the renewal of the entire park. Joachim’s building served as the residence of the Counts von Schwerin-Putzar until 1945.

After the expropriation, the manor house was initially used as a refugee shelter, later as a camp, until the roof collapsed in the 1970s.

Since 1990, strong efforts have been made to preserve the valuable monument.

A protective roof was added and the landscape park restored under the guidance of the garden and landscape architect Stefan Pulkenat.


Keywords: