Manor House Klaber

Klaber is a typical Mecklenburg village with brick church, vicarage, the manor house and its estate buildings, a pond and a small park.




During the 15th century Klaber belonged to the von Müggesfeld family, 1517 Wedige von Maltza(h)n was enfeoffed with the estate, this family remains as owners until 1648. After that the landlords of Klaber changed frequently until 1797 when the estate became the property of the von Lowtzow family who were the owners up to the expropriation in 1945.

Up to the manor house leads a lime trees lined cobbled street past the church with the vicarage, the stables and a granary. The manor house consists of two building sections from different centuries. The older part, a half timbered building, was erected at the beginning of the 18th century. It is joined by a brick building from the mid 19th century. The manor house is private property.

A residential house will be created which also includes premises for seminar ventures focusing on issues of ecological herb- and  vegetable growing, the processing of sheep's wool, fruits, vegetables and herbs.

The church, erected during the 14th century, features an organ built by Friedrich Albert Mehmel in 1876.

On the estate several craftspeople and artisans have come together to by and by restore the estate buildings which are threatened by dilapidation.

In the former horse stable there are a blacksmith's shop, a bookbindery, a sculptor's studio, and a stonemason`s workshop.


Gutshaus Klaber

18279 Klaber, Dorfstraße 26

Contact: Frau Bölter
Phone: 038456-66350
Fax: 038456-66351
Url: www.gutshaus-klaber.de


Keywords: