You are here: Homepage > Manor Houses & Estates > Manor Houses and Farm Houses - G > Gützkow, Stavenhagen

Manor House Gützkow near Stavenhagen

The Gützkow estate near Stavenhagen was owned by the von Maltzahn family starting in 1428. In 1579, it was pledged to the Duke of Mecklenburg. Later it reached the von Blücher family, the counts of Moltke and finally the von Maltzahn family again. The manor house was built between 1770 and 1777 by order of Adam Christoph von Blücher.




In 1617, the von Preen family took over the estate as a pledge. In 1692, it was sold to Lorenz von Blücher.

The manor house was built in Baroque style before 1777 by Adam von Blücher. Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, the Marshal “Commander” of the liberation war against Napoleon, was also from this family line. Above the portal is the coat of arms of the von Blücher family. In 1808, the estate was sold to Count Moltke from Wolde. In 1819, Wilhelmine von Blücher bought the estate. In 1862, it was inherited back to the von Maltzahn family, who sold it to the Cavalry Captain of Sydow in 1937.

After the Second World War, the manor house was used by LPG and had dilapidated massively after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

In 1998/99, Helmuth Freiherr von Maltzahn purchased the arduous site and began reconstructing it. The plan is to use the building for residential purposes. In addition, the estate will serve as a venue for the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Festival.

The park was built in the first half of the 18th century, only a few fragments are left.


Ownership until 1945:

after 1428

von Maltzahn family

1579

in pledge duke von Mecklenburg

1692-1808

von Blücher family

1808-1813

count von Moltke in Wolde

1814-1862

Sophie Friederike Wilhelmine countess von Moltke née von Blücher

1862-1875

baronesse von Maltzahn née von Moltke

1875-1937

Bodo Helmut Freiherr von Maltzahn, baron von Maltzahn

1937

cavalry captain Siegfried von Sydow


Keywords: