Manor House Groß Helle

Groß Helle was first documented in 1363. It was under the ownership of Berend von Maltzan in the 15th century, Joachim Engel starting in 1656, Gotthard Karl Friedrich von Peccatel in Wrodow starting in 1751, the Maltzan family again starting in 1785, Carl David Heinrich Lüders starting in 1802 and the von Flügge family starting in 1816 up until its expropriation in 1945.




The manor house was built at the start of the 18th century and was rebuilt in the 19th century. It served, amongst others, as a residence, nursery and cultural centre from 1945 to 1990. A new owner for the building which had been standing empty for many years was found at an auction in 2008. The parquet in the ballroom inside the manor house has been preserved but much has been irrevocably lost over the years of standing empty and undergoing vandalism. A few farm buildings are preserved from the former estate. A bordering park with a pond also remains.


Keywords: