Manor House Gottesgabe

At the end of the 13th century, Gottesgabe was owned by the von Maltzahn family. They were followed by the von Prehn family in mid-14th century.




In 1457, the property was acquired by the von Halberstadt family, followed by the von Schuckmann family from 1841. In 1913, Sir Wriedt purchased the property and later sold it to Georg Eschenburg in 1924. The Gottesgabe manor house was built around 1700 on parts of the cellar foundation of a medieval building. It is one of the most extraordinary manors in Mecklenburg. It originally had three wings structured to form a triangle, a plastered and open courtyard was then added in the building, and later roofed in the mid-19th century. The very old vaulted cellars are said to have been where Klaus Störtebeker was jailed. The house is famous for the fact that it was where the Saxon freedom poet, Theodor Körner, spent his last night before his death.

The manor house was modernized thoroughly in the 1990s, and modern rental apartments were set up.


Structure of ownership prior 1945:

1575-1674

von Halberstadt

1716-1788

von Halberstadt

(1778)

the heirs of district administrator Carl Leopold von Halberstadt

(1781)-1788

Mrs. district administrator Sophia Wilhelmine Auguste von Halberstadt nee von Pederstorff

1788-1790

Mrs. Anna Friederico von Both, nee von Plessen

1790-1803

professional huntsman Gustav Adolph Hans von der Lühe

1803-1808

Johann Hartwig Hundt

1808-1810

privy counsellor Franke for the creditors of J. H. Hundts

1810-1829

professional huntsman Adolph Hans von der Lühe

1829-1840

brothers von der Lühe

1840-1841

Hans Friedrich Helms

1841-1865

Heinrich August Ludwig von Schuckmann

1865-1898

Leopold Fritz Ludwig Gustav von Schuckmann

1898-1908

Carlos Lobeck

1908-1916

lieutenant Ernst Arthur Wriedt

1916-(1937)

Georg Eschenburg (Lübeck)

(1939)-

C. von Ladiges


Keywords: