Manor House (Castle, Hunting Lodge) Bellin

The original manor house with gatehouse from the mid 18th century was built by the Imperial Count von Sala.




On the site of the former baroque complex the Sloman family had a larger neo-baroque building erected between 1910 and 19012 according to plans by Paul Korff. On the north side of the manor house located is the main entrance with portico and balcony, on the south side a large outside staircase and a winter garden.

The baroque garden was laid out around 1750; it was redesigned into a landscape park during the 19th century. Further changes in neo-baroque style followed in 1912. A long lawn terrace rises to a panoramic plateau south of the manor house, to the west of the house a gondola pond with an open staircase was created which is based on the water stairs at the small Alster river in Hamburg. In the landscape park one can see further small buildings such as a chapel with tomb.

After 1945 the manor served as housing for refugees, from 1963 to 1979 as a branch of the district political party school, and from 1979 to 1990 as a home for SWAPO members (Angola).

Since 1998 the manor house has been restored, and it is now an apartment hotel.


Structure of ownership until 1945:

1273-1448

Ritter (knight) von Bellin

1448-1616

Ritter (knight) von Linstow

1616-1662

von Passow

1662-1781

von Sala
Angelus de Sala from Venice, who was the personal physician of Duke Adolf von Mecklenburg, was ennobled around 1640. Baron Gert von Sala auf Bellin was elevated to the rank of Imperial Count in 1751. The family died out in 1806.

1781-1802

von Hardenberg

1802-1803

von Lepel

1803-1827

von Osten-Sacken

1827-1848

von Hessenstein

1848-1851

Friedrich August Peters

1851-1862

W. von Meding

1862-1876

von Zülow

1876-1880

O. K. F. M. Koch

1880-1900

von Pentz

1900-1910

Baron von Marschall

1910-1945

Henry Brarens Sloman (Hamburg)

Bellin ist Bestandteil des Wochenkalenders 2006


Keywords: