Manor House Bandelin
Towards the end of the Thirty Years’ War and in 1700, Bandelin was a pledged possession of the von Schwerin family.
The old manor house, which had been built in the 18th century, was completely destroyed by a fire in 1927. The new manor house was constructed in 1930 in the Neo-Baroque design by the von Behr family. They remained in possession of the property for many centuries. The noble coat of arms of the von Behr family is incorporated in the pediment of the manor house. The garden hall has a lavish stairway that takes you directly to the park, which was created in 1750 and later transformed into a landscaped garden with a pond and a small island in the 19th century. A cemetery of the von Behr family, which was set up in 1922, is also found in the park. The royal stables and farmhouses are from the period between 1860 and 1870.
The manor house, which was used as a state children’s home from 1946 to 1991 and later taken over by the deaconship, was privatized in 2001. The farmhouses are largely derelict.