Manor House (Castle) Klein Trebbow

The neo-renaissance style manor house Klein Trebbow was built from 1865 to 1868 for Ulrich von Barner according to plans by Hermann Willebrand.




Klein Trebbow is presented in the two calendars of 2018:

Calendar A4 | Calendar A3 landscape


The courtyard side of the manor house has 9 axles and on both sides strong round towers with conical roofs. The central axis is accentuated by a portal with framing pilasters. The balcony and the frontispiece have lunette gables. The upper floor is decorated with a diamond pattern of black glazed bricks.

The manor house is situated directly on the shore of the Trebbow lake surrounded by a landscape park and a considerable estate complex. The estate Klein Trebbow was even before 1755 and until 1945 in possession of the von Barner family.

From 1990 on it stood empty. In 1996 the complex was sold to Wohnpark Schloss Trebbow GmbH. After lengthy negotiations a development contract was signed in 1999. A family holiday resort was planned.

Since 2004 a memorial site commemorates the men of the July 20th, 1944 resistance against Hitler. It was in Klein Trebbow where Fritz Dietlof Count von der Schulenburg, Friedrich Karl Klausing und Claus Schenk Count von Stauffenberg conferred about resistance against Hitler. The over 90 year old artist Tisa von der Schulenburg, who lived here during the war and whose brother Fritz von der Schulenburg was executed by the Nazis, has designed a commemorative plaque and presented it to the place.


Keywords: