Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Weisin Manor House

The village of Weisin is first documented in 1285 with the mention of Johannis de Waisin. The von Weltzien family, which in 1370 had acquired its first interest in Weisin, moved into the moated fortress of Weisin in 1410; it burned down in 1687.




Consequently the existing house was built in 1689.  The von Weltziens owned the estate for about 350 years.  From 1750 to 1945 it had various owners. 

The house served as a military hospital during the Second World War and refugees were later housed here. 

Beginning in 1954, during East German times, the house sheltered a kindergarten, a grocery store, a restaurant, and living accommodations. 

In 1998 H. G. Wolf from Bremen acquired the house and park, completely refurbished the dilapidated buildings, and transformed his property into a complex of holiday lets. 

New owners took over in 2007. 

The manor house with its small park lies directly on the Alte Elde River.


Structure of ownership pre 1945:

1370-1701

von Weltzien family
1565 Magdalena von Weltzien

1701-1733

as a pledge Friedrich von Restorff

1733-1753

Bernhard von Stralendorff

1753-1782

von Rieben family

1782-1783

von Levetzow family

1783-1819

S. Peter Langfeld

1819-1837

von Boddin family

1837-1870

Johann Friedrich Hofschläger

ab 1870

Peter Godefroy

1921-1928

Dr. Arnold Woldemar von Frege-Weltzien, tenant P. B. Berckemeyer

1928-1945

Ehrenfried von Wolffersdorff


Keywords: