Manor House Rubow

From the 15th to the 17th centuries, a large portion of the region northeast of Lake Schwerin was owned by the knightly family of Sperling.




The family also farmed on Rubow, Alt and Neu Schlagsdorf, Retgendorf, Buchholz, and Flessenow. They were later succeeded by the von Bülow family before the von Neumann and von Benckendorff families also came to the region. Since 1945 the Rubow estate was owned by the von Böhl family.

The Rubow manor house is probably a Late-Classical building, which is now empty and neglected.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1326 - 1784

von Sperling

1784 - 1792

Adolf Ludwig von Spörken

1792 - 1805

privy councillor Gottlieb Schnelle

1805 - 1833

Joh. Christian Bartels
Joachim August Christ. Bartels

1833 - 1880

Carl Friedrich Eugen von Storch

1880 -

Rudolf Johannes von Böhl

- 1901

Rudolf Johannes and Robert von Langen

1901 - 1945

Rudolf and Fritz von Böhl
1921 - 1945 Fritz von Böhl


Keywords: