Manor House Deven

The Deven manor house was built in Classical style around 1820. The property was owned by the von Kargow family. Possession later went to the von Hahn, von Below, von Kamptz, von Voss, Söllner, and von Grote families.




After 1945, the manor house served as a shelter for refugees. A restaurant was sometimes set up in the cellar, and later LPG’s kitchen. In 1988, the façade was renovated.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1610-1755 (1764)

von Kamptz family

1764-1837

von Below family

1837-1879

Advokat Albrecht Karl Ludwig Voß

1879-1886

Bernhard Söllner

1886-1939

Friedrich Franz count Grote
count Grote auf Varchentin


Keywords: