Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Daschow manor in calendar 2019

Daschow manor in calendar 2019

Info & Order


Manor House Dambeck near Bütow

The former Dambecker estate is situated west of the small town of Röbel, directly next to the great Dambecker See. The manor house is located on the lake shore.




It is a one-storey plastered building on a high pedestal floor and was built at the beginning of the 19th century. In the 14th century, it was owned by Otto von Roggentin. In the 15th century, the von Freiberg family acquired parts of the village. After the family declared bankruptcy in the Thirty Years’ War, possession of the village went to the von der Lühe family in 1653, who had pledged it temporarily. In 1743, Georg Friedrich von Bassewitz purchased the property and later Otto Konrad von Hahn in 1791, who kept it until it was acquired by the von Langermann-Erlenkamp family.

After the Second World War, refugees lived in the manor house and, starting in 1953, it was used as an apprentice home before the management of the public property moved in. After the German reunification, it was first used as a residential house but later remained empty for many years. Around 2005, the manor house was sold and has been refurbished extensively in recent years.

Some farmhouses from the original estate have been preserved and also continue to be used.

A little further away from the village, next to the shores of Dambecker See, is a church ruin. The rubblestone church was built in 1180 and went derelict after the Thirty Years’ War. The ruin, which is now covered with reed, was still used for worship services until 1920. It has been in its current position since it was struck by lightning and hidden ammunition exploded in 1954.


Keywords: