You are here: Homepage > Fortresses & Strongholds > Löcknitz

Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Turow Castle in calendar 2019

Turow Castle in calendar 2019

Infos & Bestellung


Castle Löcknitz

Löcknitz is situated in the border region of Pommern and Brandenburg. It was first mentioned in records in 1212.




From 1390 to 1468 the castle and the estate were in possession of the Wussow family who were aldermen in Stettin. Out of the fortified castle `Lokenitza´ built by the Slavs of wood and piles a German castle with solid brick walls developed around the year 1400, "Castrum Locenize". In 1479 Werner von der Schulenburg obtained possession of the castle. After his death Joachim von der Schulenburg enhanced the castle compound in 1557 with a Renaissance style manor house situated north of the castle itself. However the lavish lifestyle of his son resulted in the loss of the estate. Only in 1622 Levin von der Schulenburg succeeded in redeeming parts of it. After the Thirty Years´ War Löcknitz lay in ruins, only the fortress and the castle were standing but they fell more and more into neglect because the Schulenburgs, although still the owners, did not live in Löcknitz anymore. In 1688 they lost the estate to the electoral princes of Brandenburg. Of the castle complex the ruins of the keep as well as parts of the surrounding wall, the circular wall, and the casemates from the 15th century are extant. After it had been standing empty for twenty years the dilapidated manor house was blown up in 1985.

Manor House Löcknitz


Heimat- und Burgverein Löcknitz e.V.

17321 Löcknitz, Schlossstraße 2

Phone: 039754-20454
Fax: 039754-51877
Email: tourismusSPAMFILTER@burgfried.de
Url: www.burgfried.de


Öffnungszeiten

Mo
09:00-12:00
13:00-16:00
Di
09:00-12:00
13:00-16:00
Mi
09:00-12:00
13:00-16:00
Do
09:00-12:00
13:00-16:00
Fr
09:00-12:00

-absprache möglich


Keywords: