Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Weisdin Manor House

Some five kilometers (3 miles) from Neustrelitz and on the highway to Neubrandenburg lies Weisdin.  For over 500 years until 1761 it was owned by the Peccatel (Peckatel) family.




After a fire in 1740 destroyed the old manor house along with almost the entire village, Gotthard Carl Friedrich von Peckatel had the two-storey, nine-axis house built in the Baroque style on the northern shore of the Mittelsee.  The noteworthy church on an eight-sided lot was erected across from the house at the same time.  In 1761 Weisdin came into the possession of the Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Adolph Friedrich IV; a few years later the estate was leased and the lessees moved into the house.  At the end of the nineteenth century a conservatory with an exterior staircase was added to the building.  As property of the Grand Duke of Mecklenburg the estate passed in 1918 to the Free State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.  After 1945 the house served several purposes:  arts and leisure center, school, and restaurant.  In 1997 the house, privately owned and occupied, was refurbished and the ducal coat of arms on the triangular gable shone with renewed splendor.  South of the lake is a castle ruin dating from the days of the von Peckatel knights.

In 2018 new owners were found for the beautiful manor house, who use it privately.


Keywords: