Ziesendorf Manor

Ziesendorf is first mentioned as “Cisendhorp” in documents from 1298.  At the beginning of the 19th century the estate was owned by Magnus Friedrich Helms.  There followed the von Nussbaum family, who had the manor house built.




The two-storey building received an imposing tower, castellation, and a vaulted loggia above the entryway as well as a gable decorated with a coat of arms.  The von Nussbaum family sold the estate in 1871 to Ludwig Iven, who finally passed it to the higher civil servant Alfred Brumme.  His family owned the estate until 1945.  After 1945 the house remained occupied and also contained offices and a kindergarten.   In recent years the house has been rehabilitated and turned into a private kindergarten called Kinderschloss (Children’s Palace).  Part of the park remains and is well cared for. 


Owners to 1945:

1775-1786

Captain of Cavalry Joachim Heinrich von Müller

1786-1802

Privy Military Advisor Franz Ludwig Wilhelm von Reden

1802-1809

Magnus Friedrich Helms

1809-1821

Heirs of Magnus Friedrich Helms

1821-1837

Widow Magdalene Helms née Hauschild

1837-1855

von Nussbaum siblings

1855-1871

Christian Magnus vollrath Evasio von Nussbaum

1871-1895

Ludwig Johann Adolph Iven

1895-1923

Higher civil servant Alfred Brumme

1923-1941

Widow Margarethe Brumme née Held

1941-1945

Hilde Schallehn née Brumme and Ruth Baier née Brumme

Further information:  www.kinderschloss-ziesendorf.de


Keywords: