Zarnewanz Manor House

Around 1920 the estate was owned by the von Bassewitz family, who sold it in 1928.  After 1990 the building was owned for many years by the municipality, which used it for residential purposes and as a youth center.




Now it is privately owned by the Rauba-Korfhage family.

An open landscape garden is attached to the house.


Structure of ownership pre 1945:

1751-1872

von der Lühe

1704

Adolph Friedrich von der Lühe (see Stormstorf and Vieren)

1751

Eggert Augustin von der Lühe (see Stormstorf and Vieren)

(1781)-1819

August Eggert von der Lühe (see Stormstorf, Vieren, Redderstorf)

1819-1833

Friedrich Carl Heinrich von der Lühe (see Stormstorf and Vieren)

1833-1851

von der Lühe brothers (see Stormstorf, Vieren, Redderstorf)

1851-1872

Chamberlain and Equerry Adolf Friedrich von der Lühe (see Vieren)

1872-1911

Heinrich Ludwig Count von Bassewitz of Dalwitz; Vieren, Vietow, Gnewitz, Repnitz, Wohrenstorf and Weitendorf)

1911-1926

Undersecretary (Ret.) David Graf (Count) von Bassewitz (Vieren, Gnewitz, Barkvieren)

1927

Culture and Settlement Corporation of German Agriculturists in Schwerin

On the former estates of Zarnewanz and Vieren 52 new smallholdings appeared in the next few years (1936).


Keywords: