Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Wedendorf Manor House (Palace)

The Wedendorf estate was the property of the von Bülow family from 1255 to 1680, when it was sold to the von Bernstorffs.




The Wedendorf estate was the property of the von Bülow family from 1255 to 1680, when it was sold to the von Bernstorffs.

In 1697 Andreas von Bernstorff let the contract for the construction of a two-storey manor house in the Baroque style.  This was rebuilt in 1805 under the direction of the Berlin architect Martin Friedrich Rabe into a plastered three-storeyed house in the Classical style with the addition of biaxial wings on the courtyard and garden sides.  In 1815 the Italian Giuseppe Anselmo Pellicini painted 13 rooms in the so-called Third Pompeiian style.  The Lübeck consul Hagen acquired the estate in 1931.  After 1945 the house was used as refugee accommodations, a school, and as the union hall for the Free Federation of German Trade Unions.  During this time changes to the interior arrangement occurred with little regard for the paintings.  Beginning in 1996 the house was rebuilt as a hotel.

In the cemetery in the neighboring village of Kirch Grambow is the burial ground of the von Bernstorff family.


Keywords: