Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Wasdow Manor

On the border between Mecklenburg and Western Pomerania German settlers built a fortification in the 13th century.




It consisted of the main fortress with keep, the living quarters and agricultural buildings, and an encircling wall with a connected subsidiary fort.  At this time the Hobe family was already in residence, and they remained lords of Wasdow until 1779.  That year the estate passed to the von Blücher family, and in 1895 it went to Carl Schmidt.  It finally had to be broken up in 1932.  The manor house assumed its current form in 1911 with the integration of older parts of the structure.  After 1945 it served as lodging for refugees and later as apartments, a cultural center, and village hall.  The remains of the keep and the foundations of the living quarters and agricultural buildings of the fortress still exist and can be seen in the spacious, well-tended park behind the house.  Along the main village street stands a massive and particularly handsome farm building.


Keywords: