Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Wardow Manor House (Palace)

Wardow first makes its appearance in the written record in 1270.  A Slavic fortification stood here, and sections of the wall still exist.  For several centuries the estate was the main seat of the von Lehsten family.




In 1728 Count von Bassewitz acquired the estate, as did Chamberlain von Heyden-Linden some time later.  After 1852 the Mierendorff family owned the land, and from 1892 the owners were Hedwig Groth and Amanda von Ammon, the heirs of Johann Mierendorff, who held it until it was divided for resettlement in 1934.  The house is a Neo-Gothic plastered structure built in 1840 in the Tudor style.  During rehabbing in 1970 the building was extremely simplified:  it lost its roof crenellation at the eaves and the little towers on the central and side bays, while the hipped roof was covered with corrugated asbestos sheets. 

After 1945 the house was used as accommodation for refugees, a typhus and tuberculosis hospital, a children’s home, and a school. 

Since the summer of 2008 it has had new owners, who are rehabbing it little by little.  In the future guests will be able to enjoy a relaxing vacation in the Country Hotel Wardow Palace. 

Behind the house is a park with a lovely collection of trees.  Here one finds, among others, a purple beech, a largeleaf linden, large chestnut trees, and oaks.

A dilapidated mill stands in a field near the house.

Further information: www.schloss-wardow.de


Keywords: