Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Walow Manor House

An especially imposing manor house stands in the small village of Walow, which lies a few kilometers south of Malchin in the heart of the Mecklenburg Lake District.




Walow is first mentioned in 1255.  After frequent changes of ownership the village remained in the uninterrupted possession of the von Flotow family from 1384 until they were dispossessed and driven out after the Second World War.  By 1879 the family had had the new manor house built in the style typical of the period, as the date above the crested entrance proves.  An earlier structure stood on another site.  The Neo-Gothic house is richly ornamented and displays intricate brick decoration.  The public façade has three axes, and in the middle is a central bay terminating in a triangular gable; the latter is ornamented in its turn with small towers. After the manor house was renovated in 2006, the construction work was suspended. Since then, the building stood empty for many years until new owners found themselves, who renovated the manor house.

At a right angle to the house stands a former farm building dated 1874.  It is used as a kindergarten and by the municipal government.


Keywords: