Design by ars-campus
ars-campus, the specialists of webdesign, printdesign and logo – based in Rostock and Stralsund.
Vanselow Manor /Palace
Vanselow Manor was built between 1869 and 1871 in the Late Classical style to an H-shaped floor plan for District Head Hans Ludwig Freiherr (Baron) von Maltzahn after plans by the Schwerin architect Georg Daniel.
From 1332—with one interval between 1654 and 1731—the estate remained in the possession of the von Maltzahn family and was among the oldest of their properties. After their dispossession in 1945 the manor house was used for dwelling purposes. In 1990 Mortimer Freiherr (Baron) von Maltzahn, the heir of the last owner, acquired the house along with the park grounds. At the time both were in a parlous state.
Beginning in 1991 the house was lavishly renovated. The greater part of the house is run as a hotel, and there are also some apartments.
The house is surrounded by a spacious manicured landscape garden. The original buildings of the once extensive estate plant are in part still extant.
One curiosity is the nearby cemetery with the most extensive burial plot of the von Maltzahn family, which contains more than 20 monuments.