Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Design by ars-campus

Design by ars-campus

ars-campus, the specialists of webdesign, printdesign and logo – based in Rostock and Stralsund.

www.ars-campus.de


Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Manor House (Castle) Tressow, Bobitz district near Wismar

The new Tressow manor house
The late neo-classical manor house was built around 1869 to 1871 by the Schwerin Royal Privy Councillor for court architect Daniel.




Daniel was a late pupil of  Schinkel. Tressow in its Florentine style can only be compared to the Vanselow manor house in Mecklenburg which was also designed by Daniel.

The manor house lies near the Tressower Lake and is surrounded by a generous park which had been deliberately left to go wild around 1900. The well-tended graveyard of the Counts von der Schulenburg-Tressow is in the park, amongst which is a memorial for the resistance fighter Fritz-Dietlof Count von der Schulenburg, who was hanged after 20 July 1944.

Tressow was under the ownership of the Count von der Schulenburg up to 1945. The artist Tisa von der Schulenburg has described life at Tressow in many publications and also the pronounced political interests of her family. She and her brother, Fritz-Dietlof, were involved in the attempt on Hitler’s life on 20 July 1944. The manor house was plundered in 1945. It was used in the DDR times up to the start of the 1980s as a special school for children with learning difficulties. It stood empty for a long time. Different surveyors approved of it being demolished. In the meantime it has a new owner who is renovating the house and using it for residential purposes.

The former stables next to the manor house are an interesting building which was built after the example of the Schwerin Grand Ducal Stables.

Three elegant holiday apartments, each at 80 square metres, can be reserved at the Tressow Castle. They are stylishly furnished with antiques and furniture such as a four-poster bed and have very generous bathrooms. You can see the park and surrounding landscape in three directions on the east-facing breakfast balcony. Take a swim in the Tressower Lake , the Baltic sea is only a 15-minute drive away.

For further information:  www.schloss-tressow.de


Old Manor House

Tressow was one of the once widespread possessions of the von Plessen family in Klützer Winkel. Tressow Park is still home to the ramparts of the so-called Plessenburg. Tressow was later acquired by the Counts of the Schulenburg. The old manor house had been erected in front of Lake Tressow and should not be confused with the Tressow Castle, which was built in the 19th century. The old mansion was a simple building with brick and half-timbered façades. It was demolished around 1995 and replaced with a private residential house. Unfortunately, the old Tressow courtyard was cleared and buildings erected at the site.


Schloss Tressow

23966 Tressow,

Email: infoSPAMFILTER@schloss-tressow.de
Url: www.schloss-tressow.de


Keywords: