Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Stintenburg Estate

A Classical plastered building built between 1810 and 1817 after the abolition of the predecessor building, presumably by C. J. Lillie. The estate was owned by the Counts von Schwerin in the 13th century.




Duchess Margarethe of Lauenburg then acquired the property in the period between 1642 and 1680. She was followed by the von Lützow, von Bülow, and von Hammerstein families. In 1740, the estate became a property of the von Bernstorff family. They retained it until the expropriation by the National Socialists in 1943. The last owner, Albrecht, Count von Bernstorff, was an alleged opponent of National Socialism and was taken to the Dachau concentration camp and murdered there in 1945. After the Second World War, the manor house was officially used by the border troops of the GDR and unofficially as a training center for a secret “Stasi elite group”, the “Einsatzkompanie Grenze”.

Since the Restitution in 1993, the manor house is once again owned by the von Bernstorff family and is part of the estate.


Keywords: