Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Manor House Schönfeld near Mühlen Eichsen

As early as 1194, there had already been the mention of “Sconenuelde” as a trust property in the tithe register of the Bishops of Ratzeburg. It is presumed to have been first pledged to the Lords von Schönfeld.




The centuries that followed saw a frequent change of owners until Johann Jakob von Leers, a modern farmer, acquired the estate around 1807. He reconstructed the former estate and shifted it to its present position. Later, after the farmstead had been set up completely, the Classical manor house was built starting in 1822 based on the plans of architect Joseph Christian Lillie. The von Leers family managed the estate until 1930. In 1933, Bernhard von Plessen acquired the property. He renovated the village and modernized its agricultural setup. He kept the property until the expulsion and expropriation in 1945. Following the land reform, the land was divided up and awarded to new farmers who later joined the agricultural production cooperative. The manor house served as refugee shelter, later as a kindergarten, school, and finally a holiday home of a Berlin company. After the Reunification, Christian von Plessen acquired the manor house and laid the foundations for today's agriculture and forestry company in what was his ancestral home. The manor house was renovated and restored to its original design. Rental apartments were also set up in the house.

The former blacksmith’s shop can now be rented for family celebrations and gatherings. The shed is also being restored. The former farmhouse, which originally served as the estate office and the dwelling of the servant, is yet to be refurbished.


Keywords: