Manor House Rodenwalde
The Rodenwalde estate, about 15 km west of Hagenow, resulted from “Neufeld”, a farmstead that had existed since 1670.
The farmstead was replaced with a new farm, “Neuhof”, at the end of the 18th century. Its name was later changed to Rodenalde since forest areas were cleared to create the original farmstead. The manor house, a stately half-timbered building with an L-shaped floor plan that rests on a fieldstone foundation, was probably built around 1715. The side wing was expanded when the one-storey main house was reconstructed later. In 1930, the estate was acquired by Dr. Hans Merensky, who purchased Rodenwalde from Henning von Bülow from Goldenbow. His father, Jasper von Bulow, had acquired the estate in 1852 after marrying Elisabeth von Schilden. In 1935, Dr. Merensky commissioned Werner Cords, a Parchim architect, to redesign the estate with stables, barns, and storage. This courtyard is still a clear exhibit of Rodenwalde.
After the expropriation and sub-division of the property during the land reform, Rodenwalde was made an agricultural production center that utilized the buildings for many years. The manor house is still inhabited. One store is now a private property and has been renovated extensively.