Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Design by ars-campus

Design by ars-campus

ars-campus, the specialists of webdesign, printdesign and logo – based in Rostock and Stralsund.

www.ars-campus.de


Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Remains of the Manor House (Castle) Pansevitz

Pansevitz was originally in possession of the von Krassow family. As a result of marriage the estate became the property of the Dukes von Inn- und Knyphausen in the 19th century.



The manor house, which nowadays remains as a ruin only, had been erected during the 16th century in the renaissance style. During the 18th century modifications of the main building were undertaken, in the 19th century the northern side wing was constructed. After the expropriation of the ducal Inn- and Knyphausen family, who had occupied the manor house until 1945, several families moved into the building. After the move-out of the last  inhabitants the house soon fell into disrepair and was in use as a stone pit in the 1980ties.

The 18th century half-timbered Kavaliershaus (house in the castle grounds - a separate building for staff and guests) which belonged to the complex of buildings has been restored in recent years.

The origins of the sweeping (45 hectare) landscaped park go back to the 17th century. The lime tree avenues dating from the 18th century do still partly exist. During the 19th century the composition was redesigned into a country park. After many decades of being a neglected wilderness the park was saved from dereliction as part of a project in conjunction with the EXPO 2000 and does now invite visitors for walks.


Keywords: