Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Manor House Peckatel

Since 1505, the Peckatel estates were owned by the von Maltzahn family from Penzlin. In 1629, they had to pledge the properties to different creditors.




In 1795, the estates were acquired by Joseph von Maltzan from Werder. During this time, Peckatel had only one “deficient” manor house that served as a temporary residence for Friedrich von Maltzan after the death of his father, Joseph von Maltzan. After his marriage in 1806, he moved to Brustorf. When the tenants in Peckatel became insolvent during the French occupation, the family moved back to Peckatel for two years to rebuild the disorganized economy. Friedrich von Maltzan was not a contractor. Starting in 1823, he lived in the Rothenmoor manor house. His older son, Albrecht, stayed in Peckatel more frequently. In 1850, Albrecht acquired Peckatel, Brustorf, and Junghof, in addition to Peutsch. In June, he moved into the manor house. He died a year later, after which Peckatel was inherited by his brother, Friedrich. In 1852, Friedrich married Auguste von Oertzen from Lübbersdorf. The two had the manor house redesigned giving it its Neoclassical image with the high windows and the massive roof. In 1854, the couple moved into the new manor house. Ludolf von Maltzan inherited Peckatel in 1887. In 1890, he married Auguste Gräfin von Bernstorff. She used her dowry to have the manor house expanded. In 1895, the two-storey brick building was constructed. In Christmas 1929, the steam sawmill and the potato flake factory were destroyed by a fire. Peckatel had to then be sold to a settlement company in 1934. Ludolf later purchased the manor house and the park. He lived there until his death in 1942.

The heirs sold the house and park to the wiremaker Orthey from Rostock, whose wife lived there until 1953.

During the GDR period, the ancestral hall of the house was used as a gym. In 1960, a restaurant had been set up in the old building of the house.

After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the heiress living in Hamburg commissioned a broker to sell the house. In 1992, it was purchased by the family of Kurt Unger from Berlin, who refurbished the property.

Behind the farmhouse is a very well-kept landscape park that was restored in the mid-1990s based on historical records.


Schloss Peckatel

17237 Peckatel, Dorfstraße 28

Contact: Familie Unger
Phone: 039824-20752
Fax: 039824-20753
Email: m.ungerSPAMFILTER@schloss-peckatel.de
Url: www.schloss-peckatel.de


Keywords: