Manor House (Castle) Marihn
The first documented reference to the Marihn village was in 1304. The manor house was built as a rendered brick building in 1890.
The estate was under the ownership of the Marin and von Holstein families. The Kamptz, von Maltzan, von Oertzen, Reichhoff families owned shares in the estate, and starting in 1895 the Rocheid family did as well. The manor house was used for residential purposes, as a post office and a shop after 1945. The parquet flooring, the tiles, the ceiling panelling and a few remains of the stucco ceiling are preserved in the manor house interior. The building was extensively restored and used as a guesthouse up until 2015. The “Schlosshotel Marihn” opened again after a change of ownership and renovation work in March 2016. It offers five suites and two double rooms for a high-quality stay in a Bed & Breakfast.
17219 Marihn, Flotower Straße 1