Manor House Lancken near Sassnitz on the island of Rügen
On the outskirts of the town of Sassnitz stands the manor house Lancken in derelict condition and presents a sad example of progressive deterioration.
Up to the beginning of the 19th century the ownership of Lancken near Sassnitz was shared by the von Barnekow family and the Convent of St. Annen and Brigitten in Stralsund. The convent sold its two farms to the von Barnekow family in 1810. They then sold the whole village to the von Hansemann family in 1872. The new owners reconditioned the entire estate in 1876. The manor house from the 19th century, a rendered brick building on a foundation of rubble masonry, was later extensively modified. Having been in use mainly for residential purposes the manor house has now been empty for several years.
Two buildings of the former farmyard remain.