Manor House Kuchelmiss

Kuchelmiss had been owned by the Counts von Hahn for centuries, even during the 14th century one `Matthias Hahne residing at Kuchelmiss´ has been mentioned.




The estate was presumably kept within the Count von Hahn family until 1945. The castle-like manor houses of Basedow and Remplin which also belonged to this family were well known beyond the country's borders. The manor house Kuchelmiss is a beautiful half-timbered building dating back to the 17th / 18th century and reminds one of other mansions from this time, for example Zühr near Hagenow.

The village has an old water mill dating from 1793, which nowadays is a mill museum and well worth seeing.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1366-1896

Counts von Hahn

(1781)-1809

Detlev von Hahn

1809-1811

Counts von Hahn

1811-1825

Land-Marshal (marshal of patrimonial land) Carl Count von Hahn

1825-1859

Friedrich Count von Hahn

1859-1896

Max Otto Friedrich Werner Adolph Ernst Count von Hahn

1896-1902

Albert Prince of Sachsen-Altenburg, Duke of Sachsen

1902-(1938)

Olga, Elisabeth and Maria, Princesses of Sachsen-Altenburg, Duchesses of Sachsen Fiefdom holder Eduard Prince of Anhalt


Keywords: