Manor House Klein Welzin

As it stands the manor house of Klein Welzin must have been created by refurbishing an older building probably during the mid 19th century.




Eye-catching is the central risalit on the entrance side of the two storey rendered building above the high set cellar. In front of this lies an entrance porch with a balcony above. Into the building leads an open staircase. The rear of the building shows two towers. In 1848 Philipp Seip was the owner of the estate, from 1867 on it was the Diestel family. After 1999 the AWO (Workers´ Welfare Association, abbreviated AWO) took over the listed building manor house. During recent years extensions have been added to the building, also attic conversions were carried out. It is used as a residential and nursing home.

Of the former estate complex three stable buildings are extant.

The manor house is surrounded by a well kept park which is also listed under national heritage protection, it has tortuous paths leading to a pond.


Keywords: