Manor House Klein Kussewitz

The manor house Klein Kussewitz was converted in gothic revival style during the mid 19th century.




In 1803 the estate was owned by Ernst Christian Frehse, from 1868 up to 1908 the Schomann family was in possession. They sold the estate to Julius Kulenkampff. The last member of this owner family committed suicide in 1945 as Russian troops invaded.

After 1945 the manor house was used for residential purposes, it also accommodated the communal office, a doctor´s surgery and a pub.

At the beginning of the 1990s the residents moved out and the building stood empty and became dilapidated. New owners were found in 2002 who have restored the manor house in recent years and since use it for residential purposes. To the listed building manor house belongs a landscape park which was created during the mid 19th century, it has in parts been divided into plots.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1704

von Bülow

1751

Dr. Spalding (Rostock)

(1781)-1782

The creditors of Dr. Thomas Georg Spalding (see Groß Kussewitz)

1782-1784

Johann Jacob Adler, Court letterpress printer in Rostock

1784-1792

Senator Christian Ludwig Johann Behm

1792-1800

Councillor of the demesne Johann Joachim Georg Behm

1800-1868

Ernst Christoph Frehse

1868-1887

Therese Caroline Elisabeth Schomann nee Frehse

1887-1907

August Schomann

1907-1945

First Lieutenant (ret.) Julius Kuhlenkampff (see Groß Kussewitz)


Keywords: