Manor House Karnitz

Up to the end of the 16th century the estate was owned by the von Kahlden family, after several changes in ownership it came to the von Usedom family at the beginning of the 19th century.




The Tudor gothic style manor house was built as a hunting lodge by Guido von Usedom in 1834/35. In 1868 the estate came into possession of the knighthood landlord Ruperti. In 1930 it was owned by Baron Dr. von Vietinghoff. In the crenellated gable one finds a shield with coat of arms of the von Lancken-Wakenitz family, as they also owned the estate for some time.

After 1945 the manor house was in use for residential purposes, it also accommodated the school, a kindergarten, and a pub. Up to 1969 extensive measures for maintaining the value of the property proceeded with the assistance of the village. Parts of the park became allotments, the remaining part came under nature preservation order in 1969. A facade renovation took place in 1991. The new owners of the manor house, the Strotkamp family, make use of the building as their private residence as well as accommodating offices for the family, a surgery for alternative psychotherapy and a consulting office for craftsmen and small-scale self-employment.

The annexe contains two holiday flats, in the park there is a summer cafe.

For further informations:  www.Jagdschloss-Karnitz.de


Keywords: