Farmhouse (Manor House, Castle) Johannstorf
The two-storey brick building by plans of master builder Rudolph Matthias Dallin originates from 1743 when it was built in the place of an ancient moated castle.
Principal for the building was the von Buchwald(t) family whose ancestral seat Johannstorf had been since 1412. Eye-catcher is the central risalit on the south west side of the manor house with colossal pilasters, a crowned portal, and the triangular pediment adorned with the coat of arms. Inside one is impressed by the spacious entrance hall with double-flight stairs leading to the upper floor.
In the garden-hall wooden panels have been conserved which reach up to under the ceiling, also stucco ceilings, open fire places and ovens, mirrors, and textile wall coverings are still existing. In 1786 the Eckermann family purchased the estate, they remained the owners up to the expropriation in 1945. After 1945 the manor house was predominantly lived-in.
From 1993 on the listed building has been private property again, the urgently needed restoration is since then a long time in the coming.