Manor House Gross Kussewitz

Gross Kussewitz is situated in the affluent suburbs in the Eastern parts of the Hanseatic city of Rostock. Many new buildings have been erected in this place in recent years so much the worse appears the fate of the beautiful manor house.




The two storey rendered building had been erected in 1805 and was then, as time went by, converted and adapted several times to modern requirements. Around 1896 Heinrich Reinhold von Lenz-Hartig owned the estate, the last owner until 1945 was Julius Kulenkampff.

After 1945 the manor house accommodated an institute.

Behind the manor house, which has been standing empty for several years and is dilapidating, there is a small overgrown park with an ancient tree population and a pond.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1704

Paul Joachim von Stralendorf

1751

Cord Bogislav Wesenberg

(1781)-1792

Dr. Thomas Georg Spalding (see Klein Kussewitz)

1792-1825

Lieutenant General Bernhard von Pressentin

1825-1836

The heirs of Lieutenant General Bernhard von Pressentin and his wife

1836-1841

Diederich von Pressentin

1841-1844

Wilhelm Hinrichs

1844-1883

Gotthard Heinrich Hartig

1883-1914

Heinrich Reinhold von Lenz-Hartig

1914-1945

Oberleutnant Julius Kulenkampff (see Klein Kussewitz)


Keywords: