Manor House Gottin

The Gottin manor house in a well-cared for park, with old trees and a plethora of historic and English roses, is a few kilometres north-west of Teterow.




The estate was the former property of the von Lehsten family. It was under the ownership of Helmuth Theodor Petersen at the start of the 19th century and the Parish family starting in 1825. The Hamburg banker Parish built the present manor house on the foundation walls of an older building starting in 1830. The estate came under the ownership of the von Maltzan family in 1873. Adolf von Lowtzow purchased the estate in 1899 and Kurt Hagen in 1934. The manor house was rebuilt in 1939. It had an entrance porch and a conservatory on the park side, the roof was reshaped and there were also changes in the interior. It served as refugee accommodation after 1945, later as a school. After a few years of standing empty and the accompanying dereliction, there was a new owner of the manor house in 1995. It has been restored and maintained according to conservation protection since 1996, and now the house is a well-kept hotel with generous lounges, individual guest rooms and a holiday apartment with a library, sauna, wine cellar and café. People get to know each other here through conversations and activities at concerts, exhibitions, lectures, and through excursions during themed weeks.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1656-1756

von Hein

1770-1783

von der Kettenburg

(1781)-1782

valet de chambre Cuno Hans Joseph (Josua?) von der Kettenburg (see Tellow)

1782-1790

Obristlieutenant Carl Georg and captain Georg Wilhelm von Maydell (see Tellow)

1790-1795

Ludwig Carl August Baron Le Fort (see Tellow)

1795-1797

district administrator Georg Hans Werner von Meding (see Tellow)

1797-1801

professional huntsman Ludwig Adam von Plessen (see Tellow)

1801-1811

Helmut Theodor Petersen

1811-1813

Advocat Zander for the creditors of Helmut Theodor Petersen

1813-1815

sibling von Thomstorff

1815-1825

Johann Hartwig Friedrich von Thomstorff

1825-1848

Konsul Richard Parish (merchant in Hamburg)

1848-1858

Carl Parish

1858-1869

John Parish

1869-1873

Brothers: Richard und Georg Parish

1873-1892

district administrator Adolph August Helmut Albrecht von Maltzan, Freiherr zu Wartenberg und Penzlin

1892-1899

Gottlieb Friedrich von Maltzan, Freiherr zu Wartenberg und Penzlin

1899-(1916)

Adolf von Lowtzow (in Rensow)

(1922-1929)

Werner von Lowtzow (in Rensow)

(1934-1938)

E. Hagen (Lübeck)


Keywords: