Manor House Duckwitz

Duckwitz is located directly next to Lake Duckwitz. In 1696, Wolfgang von Moltke passed over ownership to Ludolf von Bassewitz.




Later, the property went to civil ownership. For instance, it was owned by Carl Döhn in 1848, Leopold Troll starting in 1891, Paul Troll in 1908, and Werner Eckstein in 1913.

The manor house is a two-storey plastered building with a hipped roof that was built in 1915. It has an open staircase that leads you into the building. The entrance has a half-timbered balcony standing on four columns. It has a winter garden with an upper exit. One can get to the park and the lake via a back porch and an open staircase. The building, which was refurbished in 1997 according to an ecofriendly concept with fully biological constructed wet-park, photovoltaic system, woodchip heating system, and wind turbine, is now a private property and serves as a residential house and office.

Next to the manor house is the original stable, in which cozy holiday apartments have been set up. The horse stables on the ground floor have also been preserved.


Structure of ownership prior 1945:

vor 1400-1791

Familie von Bassewitz

(1781)-1791

Chamberlain Lüdeke Cuno von Bassewitz

1791-1795

Johann Friedrich Glamann

1795-1802

Cavalry Captain Gottschalk Anton von Wickede

1802-1804

Chamberlain Georg von Zepelin

1804-1808

Johann Friedrich Koeve. He was an advocat in Rostock.

1808-1815

Dr. Weber for the creditors of J. F. Koeve.

1815-1845

Johann Edmund Döhn

1845-1885

Carl Döhn

1885-1889

brothers Axel, Hans und Carl Döhn

1889-1892

Axel Döhn

1892-1912

Leopold Friedrich Paul Troll

1912-1927

Werner Eckstein

1927-(1938)

Captain Johannes Manitius


Keywords: