Manor House Dolgen near Laage

Dolgen was owned by a monastery around 1285. In the 16th century, it was in possession of the von Drieberg family. In the 17th century, the castle was transformed into a manor house.




The manor house was refurbished and extended before 1900. Up until 1945, Dolgen was owned by the far-flung von Plessen family. Engelke von Plessen used to live in Dolgen around 1800. He was a minister who represented both states at the Vienna congress in 1815. The last owner before the expropriation in 1945 was Leopold von Plessen. His descendants sought a right of pre-emption after the fall of the Berlin Wall, but their request was not granted by the TLG since a public bidding procedure had allegedly been stipulated.

During the 1990s, the manor house was renovated and has since then been used for private residential purposes.

The manor park, which extended along Lake Dolgen, was parceled after 1945. Part of the park is now a holiday camp that was led by the German People’s Police in the GDR times.

Also located at the site is the chapel von Plessen’s cemetery, which is now used as shelter.


Keywords: