Manor House Dahlen

The Dahlen property changed hands very frequently between the 14th and 17th centuries. Some of the former tenants include the von Lübbersdorf family, von Peckatel family, and von Ihlenfeldt family.




Pictures: Sebastian Haerter

In 1669, the Sweddish war commissary, Philipp Joachim von Ornstedt, acquired the property. In 1729, he sold it to Johann Georg von Sternbach. He was unable to pay for it, and the property went to the Chamber Junker Julius Friedrich von Dunckherr. After his death in 1735, his nephews were unable to maintain the property and it was acquired by Ernst Friedrich von Raven. In 1746, it was purchased by the von Hahn brothers. Share of the estate went to Alexander von Hahn. He had the manor erected at the northern end, where the manor house now stands. The original estate was converted to a parsonage in 1757. After Alexander died in 1763, the fiefdom went to the Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. It was then inherited by the von Hahns, Wilhelm von Germann. In 1784, the property was purchased by Johann August Schlettwein and his sister-in-law. In 1793, she took her share. Schlettwein died in 1802 in Dahlen. In 1812, Dahlen went to their heirs until 1816 in the lease of the Baron von Langermann-Erlenkamp.

The manor house is a massive two-storey building with a saddle roof and was built in 1800. It was probably built by Baron Ferdinand von Langermann-Erlenkamp. He bought the property from his wife after his mother-in-law died in 1812. In 1864, the property was sold to Heinrich August Stever. The Stevers remained in possession of Dahlen up to the end of the war.

During the GDR period, the manor house was used for residential purposes and also hosted a nursery, kindergarten, and sales point.

Towards the end of 1999, the manor house was put up for sale by the Brunn municipality with a vaulted cellar. No buyer had been found at the turn of 2003/2004.


Keywords: