Manor House Carlsruhe

The Carlsruhe court was constructed in 1802 by Cavalry Captain Christian Carl von Altrock.



One announcement declared that “Johann Christian Carl von Altrock, (Alt) Steinhorst, has been given the name Carlsruhe with the permission of the sovereign prince.” Carlsruhe cannot have been created by one owner in (archaic) Steinhorst since there was never a general lord of the manor in Carlsruhe and (archaic) Steinhorst. This can only be explained by the fact that when the owner of the property changed in 1801, part of the former Steinhorst floor was given to the Cavalry Captain von Altrock, who then changed the name of the new court to Carlsruhe. In 1933, Mrs. Buchard, a farmer, purchased Carlsruhe. She later got married to the custodian of the property, Bruno Bögmann.

After 1945, the LPG office moved into the manor house. Later, the building also housed a consumer sales point.

Today, the mansion is only a ruin.


Structure of ownership prior 1945:

1802-1804

cavalry captain Johann Christian Carl von Altrock

1804-1816

Christian Ludwig von Hertzberg

1816-1832

Carl Chrysantes Rüze (see Neu Steinhorst)

1832-1840

Friedrich Wilhelm Hinrichs (see Neu Steinhorst)

1840-1843

Carl Knebusch

1843-1845

Dr. Friedrich Christian Bäder

1845-1846

Dohse

1846-1853

Dr. Johann Carl Ludwig Piper

1853-1856

Julius Schmidt

1856-1860

Christiff Theodor Kulow

1860-1868

Carl Hermann Andreas Dethloff
(1886 the heirs of Dethloff family)

1868-1880

Gustav J. C. Wilhelm Hartwig

1880-1884

brothers von Meibom

1884-1885

Carl Johann Christian Stoffer

1885-1889

Rudolf Krempien

1889-1893

Karl Krempien

1893-1905

Eduard Neckel

1905-1907

Walter Kunstmann

1907-1927

Hans Dierks

1927-(1929)

Mrs. Hedwig Dierks, nee Broecker

(1936-1938)

Liselotte Burchard


Keywords: