Manor House Brunstorf

Brunstorf and Kanneberg were under the ownership of the Wöpkendorf lord of the manor up until 1803. E. G. von Kiesewetter of Wöpkendorf sold both villages to Mrs. von Qualen during this year, but she had very little luck when managing the farm estates. Brunstorf was purchased in 1865 by the Melms family, who resided in Wöpkendorf since 1811.



 Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1704

Wilhelm Schröder

1751

Carl Gustav von der Lühe

(1781)-1792

Caspar Hinrich Lorenz (with Wöpkendorf und Kanneberg)

1792-1797

Cavalry Captain Joachim Heinrich Christian von Müller (with Wöpkendorf  Kanneberg, Gnewitz)

1797-1803

Privy Councillor and Stallmeister Ernst Gottfried von Kiesewetter (with Wöpkendorf and Kanneberg)

1803-1806

Mrs. District administrator von Qualen, nee von Freiburg (District administrator Friedrich August von Qualen)

1806-1813

Dr. F. A. Frehse - Lawyer for the von Qualen family

1813-1818

Carl Hermann Frehse

1818-1829

Councillor of the demesne Johann Carl Pogge

1829-1847

Theodor Ferdinand Lange

1847-1865

Hans Karl von Gundlach

1865-1894

Lieutenant Carl Melms (see Wöpkendorf)

1894-1910

Lieutenant Carl Melms (vather in Wöpkendorf) and Carl Friedrich Ludwig Joachim Melms (son in Liepen)

1910-1932

Karl (Charly) Melms

prior 1945

Melms familiy

Nearby, south and southeast to Brunstorf, are enormous group barrows.


Keywords: