Manor House Briggow

To the southeast of Stavenhagen, in the peaceful village of Briggow, is a Neoclassical manor house that was rebuilt in the 19th century.




In 1702, the von Krackewitz family received a fief letter for the property, which they had managed until 1791. From then on and until the expropriation after the Second World War, the estate was farmed by the von Oertzen family. The manor house, a one-storey plastered building on a high cellar floor, has an entrance porch with a meticulously handcrafted wooden construction on the southern side of the gable. The building has been renovated in recent years and is currently used as a residential house, pension, and restaurant.

Only a stable and the inspector’s house are left of the original estate.

Next to the manor house are a few old trees that are probably remnants of the former park.

Briggow’s Neo-Gothic brick church was built in 1866 on the foundation walls of an older church building. This had been commissioned by Karl Alexander von Oertzen and was built based on the plans of Friedrich Wilhelm Buttel.


Keywords: