Manor House Böhlendorf

Böhlendorf was documented for the first time as “Villa Bole-Dorpe” in a certificate from 1298.




After the old manor house was destroyed by a fire in the Thirty Years’ War, the new manor house was constructed on a different location and expanded over the next generations. After 1945, refugees first moved into the house, which later served as a kindergarten, school, and state-owned office. In 1973, the internationally renowned Institute for Potato Breeding was established in Böhlendorf. After the political turn, the house was privatized, remained empty for many years, and eventually began crumbling. It was then resold to the current owners and renovated a few years ago.

The park has been cleared and cultivated again. A few impressive industrial buildings from the original estate have been preserved.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

1444-1650

von Kardorff

1449-1792

von der Lühe

(1781)-1789

captain Friedrich von der Lühe

1789-1792

the heirs of captain Friedrich von der Lühe

1792-1797

Hedwig Sophie Margarethe von Kardorff

1797-1826

lieutenant general chamberlain August Nikolaus Carl von Kardorff

1826-1829

Mrs. von Kardorff

1829-1867

major chamberlain Friedrich Ernst von Kardorff

1867-1915

graduate civil servant Ernst Karl Christian von Kardorff

1915-1945

chamberlain Wilhelm von Kardorff


Keywords: