Manor House Bandelstorf

Bandelstorf has been termed the ancestral seat of the von Preen family since 1242. Starting in 1827, it was owned by the Schlettwein family and then Eilert von Voß starting in 1908.




Starting in 1939, the property was in possession of Günter Rimpau. The manor house was built before 1827 on the foundations of a predecessor building. This was followed by structures such as a tower in 1904 and the conservatory in 1920. During the renovation in March 1996, the ground-floor of the foundation and the wall remnants, the loam, straw components, and floor tiles were found, which dated back to at least the early 18th century. This reaffirms the assumption that there was a large court and castle complex where the knights’ family von Preen used to live.

The estate includes the manor house, farmhouses, workshops such as blacksmiths and cartwrights, a store, manure sheds, a weighing shed, and cart sheds. Almost all buildings were constructed between 1900 and 1930. One real eye-catcher is the renovated weighing shed with the clock tower built in 1921 by Turm-, Hof- und Eisenbahnuhrenfabrik J. F. Weule at Bockenem in Harz, which was awarded a Grand Prix for tower clocks at the 1910 World Exposition in Brussels.

Today, the estate is owned by the Dummerstorf municipality and used by the “Rittergut Bandelstorf e.V.” association.

A lot has changed at the feudal estate after the reorganization of the association in 2014. The community has taken over management of the listed building and sold the weighing shed, guest house, and workshop to residents of Bandelstorf. These structures have been renovated and filled with new life in accordance to monument protection.

The manor house was completely renovated on the first floor, both inside and out. All renovation measures are discussed between the municipality and the association and supported from both parties.


Structure of ownership pre 1945:

1339-1827

von Preen

1704

Mrs. von Preen (see Wendorf)

/1775)-1800

Captain Joachim Ulrich von Preen (see Teschendorf, Wendorf and Godow)

1800-1816

privy counsillor Claus Joachim von Preen (see Dummerstorf and Wendorf)

1816-1821

Chamberlain August Claus von Preen (s. a. Dummerstorf)

1821-1822

the heirs of chamberlain August Claus von Preen

1822-1824

Lieutenant colonel Claus von Preen

1824-1827

Carl Ulrich Otto Claus von Preen

1827-1877

Johann August Schlettwein

1877-1889

Carl Ludwig Friedrich Schlettwein

1889-1898

Heinrich Carl August Schlettwein

1898-1904

Brothers August, Karl, Adolf, Fritz und Kurt Schlettwein

1904-1911

Lieutenant a. D. Eilert von Voss

1911-

Lieutenant d. R. Günther Rimpau

One deed stipulates that:

“With the approval of His Royal Highness of the Grand Dukes, the dairy farm recently established by Schlettwein in Bandelstorf has been awarded the name Dischley on the corresponding village – Feldmark Klein Schwarfs.

Schwerin, November 20th, 1828”


Förderverein "Rittergut Bandelstorf" e. V.

18196 Bandelstorf, Am Gutshof 1

Contact: Frank Schammer
Phone: 038208-1236
Fax: 038208-1235
Email: F.V.BandelstorfSPAMFILTER@t-online.de
Url: www.Bandelstorf.de


Keywords: