Design by ars-campus
ars-campus, the specialists of webdesign, printdesign and logo – based in Rostock and Stralsund.
The Barkow bei Plau manor house was built by the Hülße family in 1913. It is a one-storey rendered building, with a wide spire light and high triangular pediment.
The entrance porch has an upper exit. The estate had been under the ownership of the Bethge or rather Hülße family with a short interruption since 1874, who managed a modern farming business until its expulsion and expropriation in 1945. The manor house was used after 1945 firstly for refugees. It served as a school starting in 1949 and as a holiday home, shop, doctor’s surgery, agricultural producers’ cooperative kitchen and office starting in the mid-1970s. The Hülße family could repurchase the manor house in 1992 and began to renovate the building.
A guesthouse with a family atmosphere and light friendly rooms and apartments was created.
There is a large well-cared-for garden behind the manor house with direct access to the Elde river bank.
19395 Barkow, Dorfstraße 6