Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Manor House Wodarg

Between the stream called Grosser Landgraben to the east and the Tollense River to the west lies Wodarg. On a bend of the Tollense stand the remains of a medieval castle, Burg Conerow, which is mentioned in a document of 1248 and was probably a property of the von Walsleben family.




The von Walsleben knights owned extensive fiefs in the area. Sigmund von Walsleben had the manor house built in 1733; over the centuries it was rebuilt and improved several times, and at the beginning of the twentieth century the pavilion-like annex was constructed.  Philipp von Walsleben sold Wodarg to Peter Ernst Meyenn in 1762.  In 1877 Baron Helmuth von Maltzahn-Gültz acquired the estate.  It remained in the possession of the von Maltzahn family until 1945; the last owner was Gerhard Freiherr (Baron) von Maltzahn.

After the end of the Second World War the manor served as accommodation for refugees, and a shop and restaurant were later established. However, it has now stood empty for several years. 

Of the estate buildings there remained a stable and a large barn.

In the nineteenth century an English landscape garden was laid out around the house and still exists today, although untended.


Keywords: