Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Manor House Severin

The Severin manor house is a Neo-Renaissance brick building built in the 1880s. Its owners changed frequently over the centuries.




It was owned by the von Brüsewitz family and the Dobbertin monastery in 1309, the von Grabow family in the 17th century, Gustav Ludwig von der Lühe in 1722, Hans Ulrich von Quitzow in 1746, Carl Paul Neckel starting in 1872, Karl Ernst von Meyen starting in 1898, and Otto Rieck starting in 1900. One of the last owners was Günther Quandt, the first husband of Magda Goebbels.

After 1945, the manor house served as a refugee shelter, later as a residential building and a training center for the GDR's Cultural Union. It was used as a training center until 1996.

It has since been empty and had been neglected, until a new owner was found in 2002. By the end of 2010, renovation of the manor house had been completed and it was only used for private purposes.

The imposing church building was built around 1872 on the foundations of the former church, after it had been closed in 1866 due to dilapidation.


Keywords: