Manor House Grammow

Grammow is located in the immediate vicinity of Kowalz between the Recknitz and Trebel rivers. Extensive hiking trails lead along the now restored Recknitz.




The original village, Grammow, can be traced back to 1337. In 1794, Chamberlain Georg von Behr sold Grammow to Carl Ernst von Schack. In 1858, Fritz von Randow purchased the property from August von Maltzan in Grubenhagen.

The manor house was constructed in its current form in 1872. The building’s condition was probably not the best since the chronicle of the von Randow family states, “The roof was so shaky that it always collapsed whenever there was a storm”. In 1945, the von Randow family was forced to leave Grammow.

The former horse stable that is now used as a residential building is reminiscent of the successful breeding of race horses by Friedrich von Randow.

The park, parts of which are now inhabited and others neglected, contains a grave where the von Randow family is buried. The municipality had tried selling the manor house in 2008.


Structure of ownership prior 1945:

1400-1794

von Behr (with Nustrow and Stassow)

1704

Marcus Salomon von Behr

1751

Captain Melchior Matthias von Behr

(1778)-1783

the heirs of chamberlain Johann Ehrenreich von Behr (see Nustrow and Stassow)

1783-1794

valet de chambre Georg Christoph von Behr (see Nustrow and Stassow)

1794-1808

privy councillor Engel Carl Ernst von Schack (see Nustrow and Stassow)

1808-1829

chamberlain Christian Julius von Schack

1829-1833

brothers von Schack

1833-1844

Friedrich von Randow

1844-1857

brothers Friedrich and Heinrich von Randow

1857-1914

Friedrich Karl Ernst von Randow

1914-(1938)

first lieutenant Ernst von Randow (see Kowalz)

-1945

von Randow


Keywords: